Friday, August 29, 2008

What is Critical Thinking?

FREE WRITING
Speed is feeling , Time is speed. Ever experience not having enuf time for the day? this was what i felt today. Ok, just as any other Friday I struggled up brush myself, dress-up ,pet my dog before heading out with my weapons for yet another day of war. As usual, sat and stone through 4 hours of tedious lecture. By this time, its already 12pm. Walk off to the car under a colossal scorching sun whispering to myself " Yes, FREEDOM!".

THis is where my ever hectic day starts. So I was driving to my friend1 apartment to check out his newly bought 'Xs GS' guitar. Bang! it just struck me 'assignment' 'blog' 'critical thinking'...noooway of all time not NOW!!

*panting*

absolutely no idea what I'm suppose to do or write. what to do ...what to do. Okeh. I reach my friend's apartment in Sri Kembangang(SK). while checking out his uber cool guitar. my phone rang. apparently friend2 needs my help to load his furniture and stuffs from SK to Kelana Jaya. since i got time (clearly something I dun have) plainly agreed to help.

*burning*

the weather is freaking hot . curse!! I got out of the apartment. On my way to friend2 place, WTF traffic out of no where!! what the. ppl just illegal park , double park , some even triple park on a one way sraight road.
After loading everything to my car and friend2 car, we head straight to Kelana Jaya. Traffic was smooth until the Subang toll. gosh!!! at 3 pm why in the world is there so many vehicles??? it was practically stationary.

*pondering*

so there i was waiting patiencely(barely loosing it) ok what do i need to write for the blog?? no idea... *blank ..sumore under the circumstances still nthg came to mind.
this is when i started asking myself WHAT IS CRITICAL THINKING? i've been seeing this question quite often yet i did not bother. In fact in the first lecture slide as well as in the mid-term test 'what is critical thinking and how does it help a manager?'gee why did i not bother about it?

*Critical Thinking is the single most boring subject ever*

that was what I thought at that point.trying to recollect whatever I know or learn in the class and then suddenly without me realising , while still trap in the traffic, i started looking at every single thing.
road signs, ppl's car plate , advertising board, whatever that could give me inspiration all the way to Kelana Jaya. 5.20pm. it took us 2 and a half to reach.WTF. okeh , unload off everthing then i straight rush back home.

Had my dinner, took my shower and off I'm out again! this time to SS14 PJ Digital Mall to get myself a printer which I have been surveying for a week.Time i left 7.40pm. Time i reach 9pm.

*Traffic King*

yes, stranded in a f***king jam for the 3rd time. at this point i was already loosing it.
i cursed all way from Western Digital all the way to Digital Mall. imagine, a distant of 40km which usually took 40 min at most to reach took me a freaking 2hour plus. Hell i could already reach Mallaca by now. imagine. ok my point is although i was cursing most of the time , i was actually looking at sign, banner, billboard along the highway ,anything that could lead me to critical thinking.

*lights of hope*

Bought the printer , had a drink , say bye-bye to friend then head home.(still no idea what critical thinking is all about).
disappointed. the only reward after a long stressful terifficking jam day is the new toy i got myself(printer).
Here I am staring at the pc blogging. last thing i ever thought i would do.
Alright fine, give up.
Honestly, i can't explain what critical thinking is.
But in my opinion, I think critical thinking is about thinking differently.
what i mean by it is that I was actually having fun looking out for ideas to put in this blog by coming out with all sort of ideas which i never thought off before. exp. implementing what I've learn in tutorials. I was actually trying hard. For a subject I find very boring this is really something i never experience. If you were to make something fun out of ordinary , it become fun. I am actually wanting to read up more on critical thinking. Okeh okeh back to my point. Critical Thinking is about putting your mind to it. understanding the meaning of words use in statement or argument. make it fun if its boring.if helps. bombarding ppl with 'u just use ad hominem fallacies' and make ppl go huh!.such as how you should generalise a matter before jumping into conclusion and above all being rational.
ie


No comments: